On 25 May Millfields Park was judged for the Green Flag Award. This award recognises and rewards well managed parks and green spaces, setting the benchmark standard for the management of recreational outdoor spaces across the UK, and around the world. It aims to:
- ensure that everybody has access to quality green and other open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- establish standards of good management.
- promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers.
The parks staff showed the judge around the different sections of the park and Celia and Tim represented Millfields Users, talking about the work of MUG, plans for the park, events being organised (including the plant sale and tree circle cinema), our relationship with the Council, and how proud we are of the way the park is looking and developing.